Be the Change… breaking down barriers and raising aspirations.
Be the Change is a ground breaking, inspirational programme aimed at students who, for one reason or another, may have become disengaged with school or lack confidence in their own abilities; who may struggle academically, but have real potential once engaged in an activity that captures their imagination. The programme focuses on happiness, confidence, hope, relationships and employability and encourages students to identify their personal barriers to success, before helping them find ways of overcoming them.
Supported by the Be the Change team, business representatives from organisations across the local area are invited to be involved in the programme as mentors – they work closely with the students, sharing their experiences and their career journey’s, as well as encouraging the students and listening to their day to day struggles. Meeting on 5 or 6 separate occasions during the academic year (including large scale conferences, 1:1 sessions and a workplace visit), the programme helps students to understand what positive changes they need to make in order to realise these aspirations and what qualities are required to be successful in business and the workplace.
Be the Change helps open student’s eyes to the world of work and wealth of the possibilities and career opportunities in their home town and beyond. It also provides a great opportunity for businesses to engage with their future workforce, building awareness of their employer brand amongst young people in their local area.
Be the Change Programme Objectives are:
- to increase business mentoring in schools
- to develop the life skills and employability skills of young people
- to create sustainable networking opportunities for young people
- to build stronger and more meaningful partnerships between local schools and businesses
- to encourage sharing of best practice for careers teaching between local schools
- to create more meaningful work experience opportunities for young people
- to strengthen the profile of local employers and related career opportunities
- to inspire young people to consider their route into employment whether that be through FE, HE or via apprenticeships, traineeships or work experience placements
Be a part of something amazing…
If you would like to be involved either as a school or a mentor, please email BetheChange@LoveLocalJobs.com
To watch some of our programmes in action, please click here
To read some of the amazing testimonials, please click here